5 Star Service from trained appliance repair technician.
Best professional washer dryer repair near Washington Dc
Washer repair near Washington DC
We repair all models and brands of washers in Washington Dc and the surrounding cities regardless of the age of the washer. If you have a leaking washer or the washer is not draining the water or for any other problems with your washer, we are ready to help. Just call our local number and let us do the rest in order to bring your washer back to normal working condition. same-day washer repairs. Call Now
ANALYZING A WASHER LEAK
Your washer discharges a small quantity of water on the floor after each use.
A small quantity of water on the floor indicates that the washer may need it new water-level switch. (A significant quantity of water probably would be caused by a worn-out water pump.
To find the source of the leak, do the following:
1. Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet and move the machine away from the wall.
2. Open the control panel. Look for the part to which the hose is attached. This component is the water-level switch and overflow hose. The water-level switch is supposed to turn off the water-intake valve when the water in the basket reaches a preset level. If the water-level switch is maladjusted, and the water in the basket is going higher than it should, the excess is being expelled out of the basket to rough the overflow hose to the floor.
3. Test the water-level switch by placing a receptacle on the floor under the overflow hose that is connected to the water-level switch. Turn on the washer. If water appears in the receptacle, it confirms that the leak is coming from the overflow hose. Either replace the water-level switch or keep the receptacle in place to save yourself the cost of a new switch. Remember to empty it periodical!}.
GETTING RID OF BLACK STAINS IN THE WASHER BASKET
PROBLEM: The basket of your washer is coated with black stains.
A black coating on the surface of a washer basket indicates that your water is high in manganese. This condition affects well water in particular, since water utility usually filter objectionably high levels of minerals at the pumping station. Although manganese is not harmful the results residue can stain your clothes. If your water comes from a well has it tested. If manganese levels are high install a filtering system to reduce the amount of the mineral in the water. In the meantime if washing the surface of the basket with soap and water doesn’t remove the stains washing it with straight vinegar. If vinegar doesn’t do the job, buy a container of acetic acid from a hardware or home supply store. Mix one part of the chemical with four parts of water. If the residue is particularly heavy, mix two parts of the acid with two parts of water. Put on rubber gloves and goggles and wash the basket with the solution. Whichever of the cleaning steps you try use only rags to apply the cleaning solution. Do not use an abrasive material, such as steel wool, which could damage the porcelain. When stains are gone, toss two tablespoons of baking soda into the appliance and run it, empty, through a complete cycle.
professional dryer repair service near Washington DC
We repair all models and brands of dryers in Washington and the surrounding cities regardless of the age of the dryer. If you have a noisy dryer or the dryer is not drying the clothes completely or for any other problems with your dryer, we are ready to help. Just call our local number and let us do the rest in order to bring your dryer back to normal working condition. You can reach us 7 days a week at our local number for same-day dryer repairs in Washington Dc
REPLACING A DOOR SEAL
PROBLEM: The dryer takes an excessive amount of time to dry clothes.
Many clothes dryers have a seal around the door opening to keep the heat in. This seal can crack, causing an increase in drying time.
To make the repair, do the following:
1. Loosen the screws around the door opening. Pull off the defective seal.
2. Get a new seal of the same design at an appliance parts store. (You will need the make and model number of the dryer)
3. Spray the new seal with silicone or dip it in soapy water to make it more pliable.
4. Insert the seal into the groove at the top of the door opening. Then press it into place all around the opening using a putty knife, if necessary or a screwdriver with a dull, worn-out tip. Don’t, press down too hard.
5. Tighten loosened screws
FIXING AN ELECTRIC DRYER THAT WON’T SHUT OFF
PROBLEM: Your electric dryer won’t stop running.
An electronically controlled clothes dryer uses sensors embedded in the drum to monitor the moisture in clothes and to determine when the clothes are dry. The sensors transmit a signal to the electronic control unit (or processor), which then orders the dryer motor t3 itself off.
Fabric softeners sprayed on clothes static-electricity strips tossed in the dryer with clothes, can coat the sensors. This coat impedes their ability to monitor moisture resulting in a dryer that keeps running even if the clothes are dry. (Another reason for excessive drying time, of course, is a clogged lint screen. Make sure your lint screen is clean each time you use the dryer.)
Before calling a technician to service the unit, do the following:
1. Wash the lint screen in hot water until water flows freely through the mesh.
2. Mix dishwashing liquid detergent or washing machine detergent, with hot water the hotter the better. (Wear rubber gloves to keep from burning your hands.)
3. Dip a swatch of terry cloth in the solution and wash the baffles (the raised projections) on the drum, which usually hold the sensors. Important: Do not clean baffles with any abrasive material. This will damage the sensors. Dry a load of clothes to determine whether this treatment has had an effect. If not, the reason for the extended drying period is probably a defective electronic component, and you will have to call in a service technician.
Affordable refrigerator repair service near Washington Dc
We repair all models and brands of refrigerators in Washington and the surrounding cities regardless of the age of the refrigerator. If you have a leaking refrigerator or the refrigerator is not keeping the food cold enough or for any other problems with your refrigerator, we are ready to help. Just call our local number and let us do the rest in order to bring your refrigerator back to normal working condition.
Call Now 202-480-6270
washer /dryer repair can cost about $99 to $500, depending on the damage. Smaller repairs will be a bit lower. The repair costs will vary from one contractor to another depending on different factors including the extent of the damage and the kind of contractor hired
On average, you can expect your electric dryer to last 13 years, these days, and your gas dryer to last 15.
That’s an easy one – unless your washing machine is over 15 years old, you should always move in favor of a repair, rather than a replacement. … washers should usually last you around 10 to 15 years, so if your washer is over 15 years old, now could be an appropriate time to consider a full washing machine replacement.